Friday, August 3, 2007

I AM... so you don't have to be - Bible Study!

I came across this Bible study on Moses! Thank you Lisa, at The Preachers Wife for writing and keeping this study going!



The study started in April of 2007, although you can join in whenever you like. If you would like to participate - click on the picture directly above!

Lesson 1
Just In Time
Acts 7:17-20
"But as the time for the promise was approaching which God had assured to Abraham, the people increased and multiplied in Egypt. It was at this time that Moses was born; and he was lovely in the sight of God, and he was nurtured three months in his father's home." (NASB)
Here are some questions I would like for you to consider in response to what God is showing us in these Scriptures:
1) Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you to be a light for Him?
There have been many different situation that I am blessed to be a light for Him. Examples fulfilling my mind at the moment are my being able to teach in the children's wing at my church, and certain other people that I've come in contact with that I have helped or am helping with their walk!
2) Can you honestly describe yourself as a woman with a 'yes' in her spirit?
Unfortunately, not always. But I am getting better at having this 'yes' in my spirit; not worrying about what other's think because the only one that matters is my heavenly Father!
3) Are you in an emotionally and spiritually healthy place today? If so, what will you do with your series of unrecurring events? Will you commit to ask for spiritual eyes to see opportunities to defend a weaker sister?
I mostly feel that there are still many opportunities for me to need a defender, as I'm still growing. But I feel that I will always be growing, learning! Therefore, as I get stronger - yes I welcome opportunities to defend a weaker sister.
4) If no, are you taking steps to seek out wise counsel from a sister you admire or perhaps a Christian counselor if needed? If not, will you resolve to do so?
I have taken steps as I now have a mentor through email, and am working on being accountable to another sister at church. I thank God for surrounding me with the Sister's in Christ that he has, and welcome more on my journey!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing your heart.

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Hi!

I am so glad you have joined this study!

Great to meet you!! :))

Lisa