Friday, August 10, 2007

Faith-Lift Friday: Having Faith in Freedom from your Past


For my Faith-lift today, I have to share my devotional for today 8/10/07 from the In Touch magazine... it just fits my day so well.

Thank You Father, for reminding me to accept your forgiveness. I will praise You in the hard times, and lift myself up to you, asking for Your forgiveness, strength, and guidance. I know and have faith that You will see me through. Thank You so, for seeing me through, walking by my side, holding my hand, and guiding me through every moment of happiness, joy, sadness, you name it - You were there; thank You! In Jesus' name, amen.

Freedom From the Past

Read: Matthew 11:28-30 (New American Standard Bible)
28"(A)Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
29"Take My yoke upon you and (B)learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and (C)YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.
30"For (D)My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Take the time to read the devotional: http://www.intouch.org/site/c.dhKHIXPKIuE/b.2383055/k.29A5/Early_Light_Devotional__In_Touch_Ministries/apps/nl/newsletter.asp

"Are you haunted by your past? Lay down the chains of regret, and experience the freedom of complete forgiveness."


Quote:
In Touch Devotionals (Early Light) from the In Touch Magazine—these devotionals are derived from Dr. Stanley’s sermons and contain principles from Dr. Stanley’s books. Therefore, because of copyright infringement concerns with the book publisher, we cannot grant permission to reprint the magazine devotionals. You can always direct people to links of the devotionals through e-mail or on a Web site by copying the URL or link on that page. As a matter of fact, we encourage this behavior. Please remember that our mission statement is to lead people worldwide into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and to strengthen the local church and if you feel that a devotional will help someone, please send the link to them. Another option is to direct others to sign up for the In Touch Magazine. It is free—whether in print, online, or the daily devotional podcasts. Here’s the link to sign up for our free magazine:
http://www.intouch.org/site/c.dhKHIXPKIuE/b.2284587/k.CC7F/Magazine.htm.

Have faith and take your freedom from the past that our heavenly Father wants to grant you!

God Bless, HL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Forgiving ourselves and accepting forgiveness seems often to be harder than forgiving others.
Great post!