Monday, August 20, 2007

Children (August)

A friend of mine from one of my Yahoo groups also posts a monthly theme to focus on & I asked to share this here. Marshel has graciously allowed me to post her theme of the month! Thank you Marshel for all of your insights, I thank God for leading me to meet you and all the other's on our group! I also look forward to sharing more theme's in the future!

-------------------------------------

Subject: -WKJVB- August's Theme of the Month

Since families are preparing for their children to go back to schoolafter the summer break, it is only appropriate to focus on children this month. May we all come to the realization that children, whether related or not, areall of our responsibility. Children inherit so much from everyone that touchestheir lives - parents, caretakers, relatives, teachers, preachers, lawenforcement, medical professionals, neighbors, and so many more. May we alwaysset the example for the children in our paths that was set for us by JesusChrist. "For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done toyou." Jn 13:15 "Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of thebelievers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, inpurity." I Tim. 4:12 "For even hereunto were ye called; because Christ alsosuffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps." IPeter 2:21

CHILDREN - EVERYONE'S RESPONSIBILITY

SCRIPTURE OF THE MONTH: Deuteronomy 6:6-7
"And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thineheart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talkof them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, andwhen thou liest down, and when thou risest up."

More verses relating to the scripture of the month: Deut. 11:18-28; 4:9

MEMORY VERSE OF THE MONTH:
"The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him." Prov 20:7

Thought provoking questions to use for prompts in your journaling:How are your children blessed by your walk?What example of yours are your children following?

Further topics to study:
  • children
  • example
  • inherit
  • family
  • honor
  • love
  • gifts
  • teach
  • instruction
  • learn
  • counsel
Other verses to study:

  • Prov 20:11 Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, andwhether it be right. Think on this question: How do children learn what isright and what is wrong?"
  • Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for hiscrying." Prov 19:18
  • Prov 19:13
  • Luke 1:66
  • Heb 2:13
  • I Thes 5:15
  • Prov 19:20
  • Deut 4:10
  • Prov 22:6, 15
  • I Cor 13:11
  • Mat 19:14
  • Mk 10:14
  • Jn 12:36
  • Gal 3:26
  • Ep 4:14;5:6,8;6:1,
  • 2Col 3:6
  • I Tim 3:4
  • Ro 8:16
For all who come in contact with children I pray you will show them love andrespect and all of the things Jesus has commanded us to do. But most of all Ipray you will show them the way to Jesus Christ.

This verse is one that I have relied on for so much. For myself as a studentof Jesus, for those I teach, for those I come in contact with... Engrave this onyour heart too.

"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I willguide thee with mine eye." Ps. 32:18

The theme this month is one of great importance. You do not have to answerany of the questions online. I just hope you will take to heart how importantthis subject is. "Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are theissues of life." Prov 4:23

With Christian Love, Marshel

How wonderful that no one need wait a single moment to improve the world. Anne Frank

Share your thoughts... and check back next month for a new theme by Marshel! Let us know when you've memorized the suggested Scripture above!

No comments: