Saturday, August 11, 2007

I AM... Lesson 2



I AM...
So that you don't have to be
Lesson 2 - Beautiful to God


Discussion Questions:

What is your initial response when anyone suggests you are beautiful? It's hard for me to believe them; so I just say thank you, compliment them in some way and keep on going.

Do you find you engage in a lot of negative 'self-talk'? How much of your thought life does this form of thinking consume? I do find myself engaging in a lot of negative 'self-talk.' I used to do this more than I do now, as I've learned to turn a negative thought into a positive - it definitely doesn't always work, but I'm trying because I know that negativity tears down. And that's what Satan wants, not what God wants for me.

Has it ever occurred to you that you are a City Girl? How do you plan to use this knowledge? I have never thought of this before, "Me, being a City Girl," as you have stated this. One of His children... being thought of as well bread, polite, and eloquent. I don't think of my self in that much detail. I know that I am His child, and He loves me for I am. But with this knowledge - I see I have dig deeper to see what He wants me to see. What a feeling to hear, how He thinks of me! Amen!

In what ways has your view of Godly beauty changed as a result of these Scriptures? I've always known that God does not look on the outside for our beauty, but understanding more that He takes pleasure in me. I have to stop trying to go against what He says, it's not of Him if I deny myself the beauty He gives me.

No comments: