Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Learning Scripture!

Memorizing Scripture is hard for me, unfortunately I have a hard time remember a lot of things. So I have a habit of writing practically everything down. I don't want my boys to be my age and not remember where or what a certain Scripture says. So, everyweek now, I am trying to have us memorize a new Scripture! They are getting them down so quickly.

One game we play, once they've gotten the Scripture pretty much down is, I type the verse up on my computer in a table format so that each word is in it's own section. Print it. Then, I cut each section of paper. After we mix up all of the words, the boys put the verse back together, like a puzzle! At first, they didn't like this game because it was different; but, now they do like!

This week's verse: Genesis 1:27

Have a blessed day!
HL

2 comments:

Denise said...

Great idea.

HL said...

Thanks Denise - I actually cannot take any credit for this "game." Sorry I did not mention before, but a dear friend of mine from church has us do this in our Bible Studies through-out the year. So I incorporated it into our homeschooling! I love the idea too! Thanks again.